3 days ago, according stefan gossner from blogs.technet.com, October 2014 CU for SharePoint 2013 has been released.
Please attention!!!,It is highly recommended to install SP1 and September 2014 CU before installing October 2014 CU!
Issues that this hotfix package fixes in sharepoint
- After you update the content database of a SharePoint 2013 publishing site, the object cache is refreshed incorrectly.
- Assume that you create a custom query rule in SharePoint 2013. Then, you query the term that you created in the query rule. When you run a search report, the search report only provides accurate metrics for out of the box query rules, but remains at 0 for custom query rules.
- When you crawl a SharePoint 2013 site, the Author property of a Word document cannot be crawled, and the crawled property DisplayAuthor is not updated. Additionally, an error is logged in the ULS logs.
- Assume that the binary large object (BLOB) cache is enabled for a SharePoint 2013 site. You may experience poor performance when you retrieve static files from the site.
- Assume that you change the URL of a SharePoint 2013 personal blog site. When a user tries to access the blog site by clicking the navigation links, the access fails.
- Assume that you upload a .pdf file to a SharePoint library, and that the .pdf file contains a comment. When you crawl the SharePoint site, the .pdf file cannot be crawled. Additionally, an error is logged in the crawl logs.
- Assume that you edit some custom properties of a term and then click Save to save your changes. Immediately after that, you click another term. In this situation, you may receive the following error message:
There is already a term with the same default label and parent term.
- Assume that you define a ResultType by using a trigger rule that compares an integer property with some values. In this situation, the trigger rule cannot be compiled correctly and the ResultType does not work.
- After you re-create the Search service application in a non-English (for example, Japanese) SharePoint 2013 installation, the Skill search feature in Lync 2013 does not work.
- When you search for a phrase in a SharePoint 2013 site, the search result may contain items that do not contain the phrase.
- Assume that you install the April 2014 cumulative update for SharePoint 2013, and that the Search service application is running. You search for a file in the Search Center, and the file name contains non-US-ASCII characters. When you click a file that appears in the search result, the file cannot be opened. Additionally, you receive the following error message:The page cannot be displayed.
- Assume that you map a crawled property to a managed property in Central Administration, and then you map another crawled property to the same managed property in a site collection. In this situation, the mapping of the first crawled property and the managed property is removed.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a SharePoint 2013 publishing site.
- You upload an HTML document to the pages library.
- You select Enable output cache in the Output Cache Settings page.
- You select Public Internet (Purely Anonymous) for the Anonymous Cache Profile option.
- You select Page layouts can use a different page output cache profile in the Page Output Cache Policycategory.
- You browse to the home page of the publishing site, and then you click Configure navigation.
In this scenario, the page does not open. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:Sorry, something went wrong.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a document set in a document library.
- You create a folder in the document set, and then you open the folder.
- You go back to the document set by clicking the breadcrumb navigation.
- You create a new folder.
In this scenario, the newly created folder is located in the document library instead of in the document set.
See SharePoint Patching Demystified for details.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes for Office Web Apps server
- Assume that the binary large object (BLOB) cache is enabled for a SharePoint 2013 site. When you retrieve static files from the site, you may experience poor performance.
- When you open an email message that contains a linked image in Outlook 2013, Outlook tries to download the image, and it displays a Contacting the server for information dialog box that does not contain the URL path of the server.
This CU does NOT(!) include all SharePoint 2013 fixes previously released! It is recommended to install September 2014 CU before installing this CU.
The CU does not include SP1! You can install SP1 before or after installing this CU.
The KB articles for October CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 2889946 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2899469, KB 2880962, KB 2880485 – SharePoint Server 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2752098 – Fix for SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentum (if installed)
- KB 2889959 – Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2889898 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU
The Packages for October 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889946
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2899469, 2880962, 2880485
- Download SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentum October 2014 CU: 2752098
- Download Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889959
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889898
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that for SharePoint Server you have to install the SharePoint Foundation fixes as well! Same for Project Server where you have to install the SharePoint Foundation and the SharePoint Server fixes.
Source from http://blogs.technet.com/b/stefan_gossner/archive/2014/10/14/october-2014-cu-for-sharepoint-2013-has-been-released.aspx